I was in line at Perreca’s waiting for a slice of pizza. A gentlemen behind me with a broken accent and looking very much like Chris Botti was struggling to make a selection of the cheeses offered. I suggested that he pick the Locatelli. It is a wonderful cheese with a bit of a bite. So we are chatting and the line is slowly moving. Finally, he turns to me and says, no lie, “would you like to share my cheese?’ That’s a new one. Briefly, I was flattered and then a bit creeped out. I politely declined and as I drove home, I thought about other random, odd thoughts and experiences I have recently had. I thought I would list them here and see if you share some of them with me.
- When I fold laundry, why are everyone else’s clothes inside out and not mine?
- How many days or weeks can everyone walk by the one large piece of fuzz on the rug and not pick it up?
- Jack thought it would be humorous to spray Pledge on the hardwood floor in precarious spots at the top and bottom of the stairs. I have fallen twice and I heard Amelia’s bones hit the floor last night. Jack, however, has not slipped once.
- Why is there literally a teaspoon of milk in the carton in the fridge?
- Question for you dog lovers: Poopy patrol- friend or foe?
- I was having trouble with my work laptop and I actually got the ” turn it off and then turn it back on” line. I didn’t think anyone used that any more.
- Once you get that Taylor Swift song in your head, you cannot shake it off. Ugh.
- Cake batter still tastes good at 52 years old, especially when no one is home to judge.
- Izzy is the best. How is it that a dog can really look you in the eye, like few humans can, and totally tell you it’s going to be ok without saying a word?
- I still hate BodyPump (sorry ladies) but I feel my muscles getting stronger. Speaking of which, this morning, Terri and I were talking about that and she said how strong her biceps were getting. I reached over from my bike to hers and damn, she is jacked. She felt my weenie arms and as only she could, said, “wow”. I love that woman.
- NOTE: would two men have done that? felt each other’s muscles? I think not.
So that’s some of the scary stuff that goes through my head on a daily basis. It’s 7:40am and time for me to go to work. My Venti coffee is waiting for me and I can only imagine what’s ahead for the day. (I hope something good.)