Welcome to the first installment of Wednesday’s Recipe for Saturday’s dinner. This page will include recipes you can use on a Saturday night and gather the ingredients before hand, on Wednesday, so you are not rushing around at the last minute.
Being on a low-carb diet, we decided to forego the crust and use ramekins to cook it. You could use a crust in either a pie plate or a tart pan. Your call. Let’s get started.
What you need:
- pie crust should you decide to go that way
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion (fairly fine)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh corn cur off the cob. (maybe 2 good sized ears)
- fresh tarragon. No skimping. chop it up good and fine
- Cayenne- just a pinch or so. You can season to taste.
- 3/4 cup whole milk. I used skim, it works.
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Lobster meat- a decent amount, maybe a 1.5-2 pounder? you can use crabmeat too.
- lemon zest
What to do:
- Preheat to 425 degrees. If you use a crust, cook the crust 10 minutes using pastry weights so not to bubble. If you use the ramekins, butter them well and place on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Melt better in a saucepan and add onion cooking until soft, just a few minutes.
- Stir in tarragon and corn along with the milk. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs along with cream and slowly add to the mixture stirring well so you won’t get scrambled eggs!
- Add the lobster and stir in lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the pastry shell or evenly divide into 4 ramekins.
- Bake 10 minutes at 425; lower to 350 and bake about 20 minutes more.
- An inserted knife should come out clean. Cool to set and enjoy.
I served this with butter leaf lettuce drizzled with balsamic dressing and some grilled zucchini.