Sunday morning breakfast is a treat. I have always loved the smell of a beautiful hot cup of coffee coupled with any type of brekafast. Baked goods of any kind are great but a hot breakfast with eggs and bacon are spectacular. I was looking for something fun to make and thought about sweet potato hash. The recipe below is my version of what was found via a Google search.
What you need for breakfast for two:
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 4 large eggs
What to do:
To make it easy, the night before I grilled the turkey cutlets. No oil, just S&P on a hot grill. Do not cook them too much or they will be dried out. Slice into little pieces and store in the fridge.
Boil the sweet potatoes. Not too long or they will be mashed potatoes. You want the cubes firm and not mushy. Drain the hot water, rinse in cold water and store in the fridge over night.
Now in the morning:
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat.
- Add onion and garlic cooking until soft.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and corn; cook until vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in turkey, rosemary and paprika and stir, stir, stir. Turn up the heat and smell! It is sizzling and getting crusty. Yum.
- In a separate pan fry your eggs in the manner you love: sunny side, over easy, over medium, your call.
- Spoon the hash into a plate and spread it out a bit. Place the fried eggs on top and garnish with green onions, if desired.