I am going to try and post some recipes that we can use this month in our efforts to eat, cook and live fresher. I hope you like this. It is great.
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 2.5 cups of flour and a smidge for dusting the blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup of regular old sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup or so of sour cream ( I used reduced fat)
- 2 cups or generous amount of fruit, in this case, blueberries
- lemon zest, at least 2 tablespoons (personally I think it needs more)
- a squirt or lemon juice (1/2 the lemon you just zested)
- confectioners sugar to dust
Ok let’s make it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. GENEROUSLY butter and flour your Bundt pan of choice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Hold tight.
- Then in a mixer, cream butter and sugars until they are fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until totally mixed in. Add vanilla and lower the speed.
- Add the flour in three steps and alternate the sour cream in between
- In yet another bowl toss together the blueberries and lemon zest with a few tablespoons of flour to coat.
- Fold into the batter.
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. This is the dicey part. It is anywhere from 45-70 minutes depending on your oven. I suggest start small and you can always add more time, you can’t take it back.
- Cool it.
- Dust it.
- Eat it!
Again, please note you may want to add lemon juice or most zest. I found it light on the lemon flavor.