Well dear friends, I am yet again, speechless. Yes, you guessed it- 3 more weeks in the boot/ortho boot.
I really don’t know what to say. I feel like the kid waiting for Mr. Ding-a-ling to come down the street. He hears the music; sees the kids running towards the truck; has the money ready and yet, no Mr. Ding-a-ling.
My observations these past 82 days, 7 hours and 20 minutes, have been, but are not limited to:
- That this boot is heavy and my good leg has bruises all over it from me hitting myself with it.
- I should be somewhat thankful, it did get me released from jury duty, until the Spring 2016.
- I am wearing out the right shoe of all my favorites shoes.
- It has significantly impacted my ability to shop for spring/summer shoes: hence the right shoe dilemma.
- As I mentioned on my weekend Facebook post, it did make packing for a weekend trip easier: only had to pack one shoe.
- The boot acts a great wallet/cell phone holder.
- I fall up the stairs repeatedly; thank God not down them.
- I know it is bad but I drive with two feet. I have since college. I have almost killed myself a number of times by braking with the left foot with the boot on. I almost sent myself through the windshield.
- I signed up with a personal trainer to at least get this old body some gym time. Marina is great and assists me into and out of the machines as we do the circuit. Sorry chica, we will have to wait a bit longer before your pain plan can be better executed. (yes, muscles I did not know I had are hurting.)
- and last but not least, to my husband Chip who took me away for a romantic weekend in wine country. I know men think it’s stilettos are sexy but that boot rivals a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps! (it’s not about the shoes)
So my friends, one week in the boot, one week in that lovely orthopedic, old lady with a walker, stocking down around her ankles boot and then off to my Nike sneakers. Don’t forget me, I’m on the way back. Just taking a longer road.