I love guest bloggers. Thanks to modern technology, I can communicate with people from 300 miles away and partake with them in Fitbit challenges and Fresh Start Programs to clean up our homes, offices, and ourselves.
Once lovely group in Buffalo, NY has been so much fun. I recently blogged about them as I survived the Fresh Start Challenge.
Now we are on to cooking and living a healthy life. Diane shares with us her Egg White Bites, “Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When I eat breakfast, I’m not as hungry throughout the day and I don’t feel like dozing off around 3pm!”
Been there and not doing that again. You should not either, so here is Diane’s recipe.
What you need:
- ½ carton of egg whites or 12 egg whites
- Baby spinach
- Chopped broccoli
- Chopped red pepper
- Chopped onion
- Shredded cheese (optional)
Note: you can use the vegetables you like. I wouldn’t recommend tomatoes as they tend to make the bites soggy.
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tin (12) with cooking spray
- Choose the ingredients you prefer or mix it up, so you have different combinations, fill to about half to ¾ full
- Add in egg white and fill to the top
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from pan and let cool. Once completely cool, add them to Ziploc bags. Reheat in microwave for 1 ½ minutes. Serve with hot sauce, salsa, or guacamole.
Thank you, Diane! These are super easy and for all of us 5:30 am spinners and pumpers, perfect for some protein to get the body moving. Don’t get excited. I am not giving up my Death Wish Coffee yet!