This is a great soup served cool on a summer day with corn and a nice Reisling. On a fall day, you could add Italian sausage and pair it with a nice Pinot Noir.
- Olive Oil-2 teaspoons for sautéing
- Celery to taste. I am not a celery fan so I used two stalks, you can use up to 3 stalks
- Shallots: yum! how about 1/3 of a cup?
- Cauliflower: I used almost a head- sliced or cut into small pieces
- Sweet Potato- 2 medium potatoes peeled and sliced. You could use regular old potatoes if you don’t like sweet potatoes
- Chicken Broth- one 32 ounce carton, low sodium, fat-free
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon to squeeze at the end
- Herbs to garnish- chives or rosemary, even sage
Easy Breezy Preparation
Heat the olive oil in a large pot/pan over medium heat.
Now add the celery and shallots and sauté for a few minutes until soft.
Ok add the cut up sweet potato and cauliflower along with the broth, salt and pepper and bring it up to a boil.
Once it is cookin’ reduce to low and cover. Simmer it for 20-25 minutes.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
I use a submersible blender to puree; you can take parts and add to a blender to puree until smooth, your call if you want it a little chunkier.
For a twist, I had a few cobs of corn so I cut the corn off add cooked it in a pan, on the stove top, until soft then added that to the pureed soup. You could also add the pureed soup back into the pot, stir in the corn and heat for a bit until the corn is cooked.
I sprinkled some tortilla strips, chives and poured a nice Riesling. Oh so good.