Of course I actually do know that I am Italian but every once in a while, something happens or I do something and it reinforces that gene pool. So here are my recent confirmations.
- I have been stockpiling food for Christmas since slightly before Thanksgiving. I mean stockpiling.
- Just in case someone stops in or I am invited somewhere on the spur of the moment, I have a Rubbermaid full of spare hostess gifts and goodies so I don’t go empty handed.
- I have been to every major Italian stop in Schenectady to place my orders for Christmas Eve.
- Espresso after dinner and as late as midnight has absolutely no effect on my ability to sleep.
- and finally, I know I am Italian when the bolt on my tree stand was rough and not working and I used olive oil to make it work. Who needs WD40?
Buon Natale a tutti ea tutti una buona notte.